Guardian Luxury Waterproof Mattress
The BedGuard Guardian Luxury mattress offers a supportive medium feel with high quality Bonnell springs (Cot, Toddler, Single and King Single) and Pocket Springs for Double, Queen and King sizes.
The BedGuard Guardian Luxury Waterproof Mattress has a life expectancy exceeding 10 years and come with a manufacturer’s guarantee of 5 years.
The Guardian Luxury Waterproof Mattress is made up of three major components – the ticking or quilting meaning the top and bottom sleep surface, the foam comfort layer and the inner springs.
- Insulation: 600g 100% polyester pad with poly scrim 6mm x 6mm
- Comfort Layer: 24mm high density foam pads (Grade 19-130)
- Quilting: 15mm of foam (Grade16-100) plus 24g Quilting paper
- Ticking: Beguard Damask
Guardian Luxury Waterproof Mattress: Comfort Ranking
|Comparative Firmness/softness of mattresses|
|A. Maximum compression of firm mattress: 25kg over 300mm square.
B. Maximum compression of soft mattress: 25kg over 300mm square.
Support System – Double, Queen & King
The pocket spring system is one of the greatest innovations in the bedding industry. Unlike the traditional coil springs, pocket springs are individually created and then placed in their own fabric pockets, which allows the springs to move independently of each other. The result: Right support for you and your partner where it’s most needed, regardless of differences in weight.
Zoned pocket system is designed by human’s shape. It divides the mattress into sections, giving different support levels in certain areas: head, neck, shoulder, back, hip, legs, and feet. When every part of your body fit to the right area, provides unsurpassed comfortable sleep. The 5 Zone Pocket Spring Unit is suited to 2 person sleep.
- Theraflex Unit 5 zone Pocket Spring, wire 1.80/2.00/1.80/2.00/1.80, centrally bonded,15cm high Queen 138 x 192cm, 22 x 32 = 702 coils.
- 90mm Walls (Grade 28-80)
- Top: 35mm High density foam pads (Grade 28-80)
- Bottom: 10mm High density foam pad (Grade 29-400)
Support system – Cot, Single & King Single
Bonnell coils are the oldest and most common. First adapted from buggy seat springs of the 19th century, they are still prevalent today. The Bonnell spring is the classic Spring Unit, and has, through the years, proven its worth. It is made from round hourglass shaped springs, which are tied together to form a mat. A round helical crosswise connects each single spring to a spring unit. Bonnell Spring Unit is suited to 1 person sleep but is still acceptable as a 2 person sleep.
- Heat tempered Bonnell Spring unit (2.24mm, 13 gauge, 5 turn) Spring count: Single/216, King Single/286, Double/336, Queen/390, King/468
- 4mm border wire
- Edge Supports 3.15mm gauge
- Foam corner blocks
- 5mm quilted border
- Cloth turning handles
- All foams are HealthGuard™ treated
90 to 120um plastic bags, ‘boot’ bags are used in larger sizes
57 (when tested on the matching base in queen size)
All BedGuard Mattresses offer:
- minimise night-time interruptions.
- repel liquids, stains and odours simply blot the accident with paper towel, dispose and everyone can get back to sleep
- are double sided and protected on all surfaces even accidents on the mattress sides are repelled
- are Flame Retardant and comply with highest safety standards
- are Healthguard™ protected providing an anti-bacterial and anti-dustmite sleeping environment.
- supersede the use of mattress protectors ensuring a comfortable night’s sleep and a less irritable morning
- exceed a 10 year life expectancy and Manufactures Guarantee for the first 5 years.
- are exceptionally well priced and are Australian owned, operated and wholly Australian made
All BedGuard Waterproof Mattresses are double sided so the sleep surface of your mattress is both top and bottom. Your mattress contains the following:
- Flame Retardant complying with British FR Standard BS7717 and the two test methods EN597.1 & EN597.2. Australian Standard AS2001.2.13-1987 cured (Heat bonded) to the fabric.
- Health Guard™ which is an Anti-Dustmite, Anti-bacterial treatment.
- 24mm Ticking/quilting stitched in tight weave small/large pattern forms the top and bottom sleep surface which is double industry standard of 12mm
- 2 x 12mm high density foam comfort layer (Grade 19-130).
- Heavy duty spring blanket to deaden spring noise 600g 100% polyester pad with poly scrim 6mm x 6mm
- 36mm Nylon edge tape stitched to connect the boarder to the top and bottom sleep surface.
- 5mm quilted border.
Cot, Single, King Single, Double, Queen, King
Bonnell Springs, Pocket Springs
|Single Bed size||92 cm x 187 cm||3’0″ x 6’2″ (36″ x 74″)|
|King Single size||106 cm x 203 cm||3’6″ x 6’8″ (42″ x 80″)|
|Double Size||137 cm x 187 cm||4’6″ x 6’2″ (54″x 74″)|
|Queen Size||153 cm x 203 cm||5’0″ x 6’8″ (60″x 80″)|
|King Size||183 cm x 203 cm||6’0″ x 6’8″ (72″ x 80″)|