We only collect personal information when you knowingly provide it and if requested, we can advise:
- What Information we collect and hold about you and why we collect such information;
- How that information is used by us and the organizations, or types of organizations that the information would usually be disclosed to;
- If the law requires the collection of such information;
- The consequences, if any, of you not disclosing such information;
- That you can access such information and how you can access such information; and
- How you can correct such information if it is not correct.
Collection of personal information
BedGuard does not collect personal information unless it is necessary for us to carry out our functions and activities as a retailer. We only collect such information by lawful and fair means and in an unobtrusive way.
The types of personal information collected and the purposes for which that personal information will be used will depend on the circumstances. For example, BedGuard may collect personal information from you when you:
- create a user account to make an online purchase using the Website;
- make a purchase using the Website as a guest; or
- request information, publications or other materials to be sent to you, including where you contact us by fax, letter or email.
This personal information may include your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, or credit card number.
BedGuard may use your personal information for the purposes for which it was collected, and other purposes to which you have consented; as disclosed to you when the information is collected; and as otherwise authorised or required by law.
Disclosure of personal information
'We will use and disclose your personal information for the primary purposes of our business as a retailer or a purpose related to our primary purpose such as marketing, where you consent to such disclosure or such disclosure is permitted by the Act. In addition we use such information to market to you products and services offered by BedGuardunless you have indicated that you do not wish to obtain such marketing offers or material. Such a request can be made to the Privacy Officer. We will in such circumstances only use the personal information provided for the sole purpose of providing the service you have requested.
BedGuard, may utilise the services of contractors from time to time for the purposes of marketing and undertaking services as promoted by us. Your personal information will be provided to these business for the purposes of ensuring that our services are marketed to you or to enable a service to be provided to you.
Security and access of personal information
Ensuring accuracy of the personal information we hold
We will reasonably attempt to ensure that the personal information we hold about you is accurate, up to date and complete. To assist us to do this please provide us with the correct information and inform us if your details have changed. This can be done by providing us with details of any changes to your information by fax or e-mail. If we deny you access or deny a request for correction we will provide you with reasons why we have denied you access or corrected such information in the circumstances.